Who is Aerosure for?
Aerosure Medic is a Class I medical device that is suitable for use in the following patient groups:
What are Aerosure Medic's Class 1 intended purposes?
Aerosure Medic is a hand-held device intended to allow people to:
- Reduce shortness of breath and relieve breathlessness with regular use
- Increase respiratory fitness with regular use
- Improve mucus and phlegm clearance
While other breathing devices are available, Aerosure is unique in that it is designed to overcome the performance limitations of some other PEP devices as it is electrically driven.
Other comparable devices are dependent on the user holding the product at the correct angle and achieving the correct exhalation pressure in order to prove effective. As Aerosure is electrically driven it is effective regardless of the position of the device and pressure generated by the user.
Aerosure Medic should not be used by people who:
- Have epilepsy
- Currently have or previously had Pneumothorax (collapsed lung)
- Have haemodynamic instability (abnormally high or low blood pressure, very slow or very fast heart rate) including severe right-sided heart failure with hypotension
- Currently have a Pulmonary Embolism (blood clot in the blood vessels in the lungs)
- Have oesophageal varices (enlarged veins in the walls of the oesophagus)
- Have recently had thoracic (chest) or upper gastro-intestinal tract (duodenum, stomach, oesophagus) surgery or trauma until completely healed
- Have acute sinusitis or an active nosebleed
- Are experiencing active haemoptysis (coughing up blood)
- Are pregnant
- Have raised intracranial pressure (abnormally high pressure in the skull and brain)
If you are unsure of the suitability of Aerosure for you or are unsure about the cause of your symptoms, you should seek medical advice.